Position: Communications Officer
Reporting to: Head of Policy
Based at: Spring Mews, Tinworth Street, LONDON SE11 5AN
Hours: Full Time
The Communications Officer is an integral role within the Countryside Alliance’s Campaigns team, reporting to the Head of Policy, and working closely with the Political, Policy, and Media teams. The Communications Officer will play a key role in communicating with our audiences, to raise the profile of our work, services and projects.
· Lead digital communications with specific audiences in mind, making sure the organisation communicates effectively with a range of stakeholders.
· Maintain and deliver an internal communications grid of newsletters and associated communications for the Campaigns team and charity projects.
· Liaise with the commercial team to provide relevant copy for marketing campaigns.
· Ensure campaigns content receives full exposure through email, website and social media.
· Monitor engagement with newsletters, website and social media and report back to content providers.
· Responsible for writing, editing and proof-reading material for online communications to an excellent standard, ensuring it meets branding and style guidelines.
· Producing regular web and other relevant analytics to assess whether the communications activity is on track to meet key performance indicators and collate information on outcomes to shape future projects and drive engagement.
- You will have the ability to write engaging, tailored copy for a variety of audiences.
- You will be highly organised and comfortable working to tight deadlines and managing schedules.
- Excellent knowledge of online communication systems such as dotmailer and social media channels.
- Be able to assimilate and interpret large amounts of information in short periods of time and be able to work under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a positive ‘can do’ attitude where you will have lots of initiative and keen to take on responsibility for projects and drive them forward.
- You must be supportive of the Countryside Alliance’s aims and objectives. Ideally you would have some existing knowledge of rural affairs and country pursuits.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV by Monday 2 September 2019.